Gilead’s Oncology Pipeline: An Assessment
- Gilead’s story is unique: The company lost $50 billion in market cap in 12 months.
- After blindly trusting this company for 2 years to make a move, we realized something: This company doesn’t have a clue outside of HCV.
- Its oncology efforts are poorly conceived, and cannot replace blockbuster HCV drugs as of now.
- To replace a revolutionary drug pipeline, it needs to find another revolution.
- This article assesses its onco pipeline. The next article in the series will discuss the biggest revolution in onco-heme right now.
By Dr. Udaya K Maiya, MBBS, MD, DNB, DCCF-Paris
Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) lost its balm two years ago, when fears of a decline in its HCV franchise saw the stock plummeting from its $120s all time highs to the sad avatar that it is today of an once-mighty stock giant - $60 and change.
The full post is available to investor members only. Subscribe here.